Monday, October 4, 2010

The "Deadly" Light Railway (DLR)

If anyone had told me commuting in London would be this much drama, I would have simply chosen some far out English town to go to college to. Sadly and most unfortunately, there is also a problem with the far out towns because that would mean I would have to rely on a car, which I dont have money to buy. For now, it is me and my footstubishi.

Anyway, back to the home story! This London transport system. I was on the DLR to Bank this Friday and the journey was just precarious. It seems almost the entire line for Greenwich to Bank is suspended in the air. Imagine rush hour, travelling about 20 metres off the ground, no railings on the side to give you consolation that maybe, by some crazy chance, something will catch you before you plunge into the abyss. To add salt to injury, there was actually a part we crossed the Thames. I could not help but wonder how someone who fears crowds, enclosed spaces, water, speed and height would fare in such conditions. Thankfully, I only have a phobia for enclosed spaces which meant I enjoyed the view all the way.

So, here's to all those phobes who are scared of the above evils. Luckily, you can even close your eyes during the journey because the train speaks, really it does. Ask someone if you dont't believe me.

Come to London, get on the DLR and you'll be cured. Satisfacton guaranteed!

No comments:

Post a Comment